How does the theory of expanding consciousness apply to our healthcare society today? How does theory affect nursing profession to provide care to a diverse population of patients? Can you identify with any of these theories in your profession?
SEE BELLOW SUPPLEMENTAL READING REGARDING THIS ASSIGNMENT
PLEASE USE APA 7 EDITION,
AT LEAST 3 REFERENCES WITH A MAXIMUM OF 5 YEARS
Section IV: Conceptual Models and Grand Theories in the Unity Transformative Paradigm
The transformative paradigm is a research framework that centers the experiences of marginalized communities include analysis of power differentials that have led to marginalization, and links research findings to actions intended to mitigate disparities.
Section V: Grand Theories about Care or Caring
The Theory of Caring as Nursing suggest that a person should have an environment that radiates a sense of the nurturing atmosphere which helps an individual to grow in caring while revealing the richness of nursing.
Reading Assignments for this week:
Chapter 16 – Margaret Newman – Theory of Health Expanding Consciousness
Chapter 17 – Madeleine Leininger’s – Theory of Culture Care Diversity and Universality
Chapter 18 – Jean Watson’s – Theory of Human Caring
Let’s discuss who are the presenting theorist for this week.
Who is Margaret Newman? What is her Theory of Health Expanding Consciousness?
· Website Link: Nursing Theory: HEALTH AS EXPANDING CONSCIOUSNESS
· Article Link:Margaret Newman’s Theory of Health as Expanding Consciousness and a Nursing Intervention from a Unitary Perspective
· Video Link: Margaret Newman Theory Presentation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgtpdUR8FV0
Who is Madeleine Leininger? What is her Theory of Culture Care Diversity and Universality?
· Website Link: The Transcultural Nursing Society
· Article Link: Mapping the literature of transcultural nursing
· Video: Madeleine Leininger Interview Part 1
· Video: Madeleine Leininger Interview Part 2
Who is Jean Watson? What is her Theory of Human Caring?
· Website Link: WATSON’S PHILOSOPHY AND SCIENCE OF CARING
· Evolution of Jean Watson’s Carative Factors/Caritas Processes Over Time
· Article Link: Healthcare interprofessional team members’ perspectives on human caring: A directed content analysis study
· Video: History of Caring Science at The University of Colorado College of NursingClick here to order this assignment @Speedywriters.us. 100% Original.Written from scratch by professional writers.